Why Become a Member of the National Lawyers Guild?
Members are the Guild’s lifeblood and determine the Guild’s future. Without the support and countless volunteer hours we receive from members, we would not exist. Please join our ranks and help us create a more just world. Please join/renew today. It is an honor to work by your side for justice.
What Are the Benefits of Guild Membership?
- Free listing in our national referral directory
- Access to members only content on nlg.org (e.g. webinars, organizing tools, and other resources)
- Eligibility to participate in conversations on member-only email lists for NLG committees, chapters, and regions
- Eligibility to vote in Guild elections, run for elected office (locally and nationally), and propose organizational resolutions
- Eligibility to apply for fellowships, such the Weinglass and Haywood Burns Memorial Fellowships
- Discounts for our annual Law for the People Convention and its CLEs
- Subscriptions to our publications, Guild Notes and NLG Review, and eligibility to submit articles to both
- Media exposure for your Guild-related work
- Most importantly, developing connections with a community of radical legal professionals!
Sign up Now!
- Online: Renew/pay your dues online here.(*note*: student membership is free via mail, or $2.00 via online membership form.)
- By Mail: NLG-LA Membership Form and send it in with your dues payment.
We prefer online payments; however, we do still accept payment by mail.
The Los Angeles Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild strongly encourages and welcomes membership and participation by people of all gender and sex identifications, People of Color, adherents of all religions, people of all nationalities, all ages, all levels of physical and mental ability, people who are unhoused, and those without what the U.S. government considers adequate “documentation.”
* Lack of funds will not be a barrier to Guild membership. Contact us to request a discounted or free membership.