The Guild’s primary programmatic work takes place through its Committees. Members of a committee may be any member of the Guild chapter. The following is a list of NLG-LA’s current active committees:
- Immigration Committee: Meets monthly — to get involved contact Paola Neri email@example.com or Emily Robinson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workers Rights Committee: Meets of the second Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm. To get involved, contact Helen You at email@example.com.
- Legal Observer Committee: Meets regularly to create best practices and policies for our legal observer program. For questions, contact Rebecca@nlg-la.org.
- Housing Committee: Contact Admin@nlg-la.org to get involved.
- Weinglass Political Defense / Mass Defense Committee: Provides post-arrest legal support and pro bono legal representation on a case-by-base basis to progressive activists, organizers, and protestors arrested at social justice protests in the Los Angeles area. Coordinates Know Your Rights trainings for movement partners and supports advocacy and organizing efforts to decriminalize protest activity & dismantle mass incarceration. To join the NLG-LA Mass Defense Committee volunteer network, please fill out this MDC Volunteer Form.