Dear Friend of the Guild,
You are cordially invited to participate in this year’s National Lawyers Guild Los Angeles (NLG-LA) Annual Awards Dinner. For over 80 years, NLG has been the legal arm of social justice movements, working tirelessly to defend the rights of the most marginalized communities. We protect the civil rights of progressive activists on the front lines and cultivate the next generation of civil rights attorneys.
As NLG-LA’s biggest event of the year, the Annual Awards Dinner is a memorable celebration that brings together hundreds of attorneys, legal workers and allies to recognize our accomplishments as a community. This year’s event will be held at the Pasadena Hilton (168 S. Los Robles Ave., Pasadena) on Sunday, August 16, 2020. Cocktails will be served at 5pm, and dinner begins at 6:30pm.
*COVID-19 Notice: While we very much hope to convene in person, we will monitor guidance from health officials to determine whether it is safe to do so. If we cannot hold a gathering, we will opt for an alternative format that promotes sponsors and ads, and we will hold everyone’s tickets for a future event.*
- Alan Diamante, precedent-setting immigrant rights attorney whose cases have greatly advanced civil rights for immigrants. His pro bono work includes high profile defense of immigrant activists, spotlighting human rights violations against U.S. deportees from Central America, and fighting against fraudulent businesses that prey on vulnerable immigrant communities.
- Maria Hall, solo practice lawyer focusing on civil rights, environmental justice, representing tenants suing slumlords, as well as pro bono activist legal defense. Active with many local organizations including MABA, Maria has been active with the Guild since law school and served as Guild co-president. She runs the LA Incubator Consortium, helping new solo attorneys committed to closing the access to justice gap.
- Jorge Gonzalez, longtime civil rights and criminal defense lawyer and NLG Board member. He has represented activists in many human rights struggles spanning several decades and has won important victories in court, holding police accountable for excessive and deadly force against activists and communities of color.
- UCLA Labor Center, believes that a public university belongs to the people and should advance quality education and employment for all. Every day they bring together workers, students, faculty, and policymakers to address the most critical issues facing working people today.
- Stop LAPD Spying Coalition Legal Team (Colleen Flynn, Hamid Khan, Jamie Rae Garcia, Matthew Strugar), won a game-changing lawsuit against the Los Angeles Police Department this year, forcing the agency to disclose countless public records revealing harmful policing of activists and communities of color.
Below are opportunities to participate in the event. Please let us know if you can join us. Thank you!
Yours in Solidarity,
— NLG-LA 2020 Annual Awards Dinner Committee
Opportunities to Participate in 2020 NLG-LA Annual Awards Dinner:
- Front-Lines Sponsor $2,500 (includes 10 tickets; recognition in dinner journal, website & e-invite)
- Movement-Builder Sponsor $5,000 (includes 20 tickets; benefits listed above, plus mention on social media, and priority seating)
- Indispensable Sponsor $10,000 (includes benefits listed above, plus additional tickets per sponsor’s request, mention in press release, and recognition in event program)
- Regular Table $1,250 (10 seats)
- Host Table $2,000 (10 seats + name(s) listed as host(s) on website, program and e-invite)
Ads in Dinner Journal
- Quarter Page 3¾” x 5” $375 | Eighth Page 3¾” x 2½” $300
- Full Page 7½”x 10” $1,250 | Half Page 7½”x 5” $750
- Full Page Back Cover $2,250 | Full Page Inside Cover $1,750
To submit an ad, please send text, logo, or artwork by e-mail to email@example.com by May 24, 2020.
- Regular Ticket $135
- Host Ticket $250 or $500 (name listed as host on e-invite, website and program)
*Note: you can sponsor tickets for students and/or low-income Guild members to attend the event.
- By Check: Please send a check payable to NLG-LA to 3916 Sepulveda Blvd, #105, Culver City, CA 90230 (no processing fee). Please include your name, organization, address, email, and phone number.
- By Credit Card: Direct Link Here